For a little lightness and humor in today’s Webdesign post, I thought I’d include a Jeff Foxworthy-style list of ways you know you’re a webmaster. See if these aren’t as true for you as they are for me!
You Might Be a Webmaster If…
- …you instantly know what font a business’s sign uses.
- …you find yourself admiring the gradient effect of a sunset.
- …you can type the following code in your sleep: <html><head><title></title><link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”style.css”></head><body></body></html>
- …you routinely have nightmares about a PHP script that just won’t run right.
- …you find yourself bracketing your sarcastic comments on the Internet with <sarcasm> and </sarcasm>.
- …you have been known to shout at sluggish uploaders, FTP programs, code editors, and any other program which dares to get in the way of your creation.
- …you see a bottle of AJAX brand dish soap at the grocery store, and wonder idly what part of the aisle it’s updating.
- …you have been known to dance around your room upon getting a page to display properly.
- …you use the Copy and Paste keyboard shortcuts on your computer more than the Spacebar itself.
- …you often curse the existence of old Internet Explorers (especially version 6).
- …you have officially broken up with GIFs (especially the animated kind).
- …you cringe inwardly when someone asks you “Hey can you look at my website and fix it?! I think it’s pretty cool cause I have a lot of colors and tables and I’ve got links all over the place…?!”
- …you saw this comic at The Oatmeal, and wept for joy that someone else finally understood your last freelance job.
Know any more funny “You Might Be a Webmaster If…” moments? Leave a comment and share your ideas!