Last fall, City of Heroes players wept and raged as Paragon City darkened on November 30th, in spite of everything we tried to do, in spite of protests and calls. It seemed all had finally been lost when the 30th rolled around and NCSoft’s stance had not changed.
Most of us fans crept away and mourned, trying to find solace in other games or projects. But for one small band of players, their response was to recreate the City they had so cherished in a game of their own making. That game is called City of Titans.
This group of players formed The Phoenix Project and MissingWorldsMedia, and are currently developing City of Titans as a self-described “spiritual successor” to City of Heroes. According to the FAQ, the game will be built on the Unreal 3 engine by former CoH players, and the studio is shooting for a release date sometime in 2015. Support for Sentinel+ character files (developed by the Titan Network) is planned (yay!).
City of Titans Still Needs Your Help!
- Donate to the City of Titans Kickstarter, and track its progress
- Retweet and share posts from MissingWorldsMedia’s Facebook and Twitter pages
- Blog/podcast about City of Titans (just like I’ve done here)
- Be part of the development team–they can use any and all skills! Contact MissingWorldsMedia if you’d like to help with programming/coding, legal/financial advice, story-writing, character models, web development, or whatever you can!
- Follow TPP’s development blog and the official City of Titans site for news
And most importantly, keep spreading the word! Soon, we heroes will have a City to protect again! 😀